PLEXOS 6.202 R11 introduces a number of new features including new input properties, algorithm enhancements and solution properties.
New input properties:
- Data File [Shape Distortion]: A new controlling parameters for the quadratic growth method that allows the user to finely control the level of distortion in the ordered load curve shape when the rate of growth of the maximum and energy are different.
- Diagnostic [Random Number Seed]: Reports all random number seeds generated in the program, which allows the user to use these later to repeat the outage patterns of Generators and Lines.
- Generator [Load Subtracter]: Defines a profile of values that will be subtracted from the system-wide load duration curve prior to slicing the curve into blocks. For systems with significant amount of renewable generation defining this property on the renewable generators means the slicing of the LDC will be done on the “net load” curve and is potentially more accurate than slicing the raw load curve.
- Region [Is Strategic]: Toggles on/off gaming algorithms for the Region.
- Region [Elasticity]: For the Nash-Cournot game this overrides the Competition [Default Elasticity] setting for the Region.
- Region/Zone [Min Native Capacity Reserves/Min Native Capacity Reserve Margin]: Capacity reserve requirements that must be sourced from capacity inside the Region/Zone without recourse to capacity sharing.
- Line [Max/Min Capacity Reserves]: Limits for capacity sharing on lines independent of the thermal limits.
- Financial Contract [Is Physical]: Turns a financial contract into a physical requirement for generation.
- Emission Generators [Shadow Price Scalar]: A multiplier on the effect of emissions on the incremental cost of generation. Specifically this parameter can be set to zero for generators operating in regions where emissions costs are not reflected in generation cost.
- Constraint Generators [Ramp * Coefficient]: A number of new Constraint properties that allow ramping and ramp violation terms in generic constraints.
- Condition Reserves: Reserve terms can now appear in the definition of a Condition.
New solution properties:
- Fuel [Generation], [Average Heat Rate]: The generation associated with the Fuel and the average heat rate of generation using the Fuel.
- Emission, Emission Generators, Emission Fuels, Region Emissions [Generation], [Intensity]: The generation associated with the Emission and the average intensity.
- Region [Shadow Load], [Shadow Generation], Company [Shadow Generation], Company Regions [Shadow Generation]: Additional values from the shadow solution i.e. the solution prior to gaming and uplift.
- Company Regions [Marginal Cost]: Marginal cost of generation for the Company in the Region.
- Nash-Cournot: The Nash-Cournot algorithm is completely revised. The equilibrium is calculated on each block of the LDC in MT Schedule and demand response and mark-ups are fed back into the simulation. Please refer to the Help for more details.
- Improvements to multi-step LT Plan models.
Graphical User Interface:
- Property tree now supports multi-select through use of check boxes on the nodes.
- The Report settings now allow the user to select which properties are written to flat (text) files.
- Xpress-MP is updated to Version 7.2
- Gurobi is updated to Version 4.6 see their release news.
Please refer to the updated product help for more details.