Job Title: Energy Market Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time (40 hours / 5 days per week)
Position Available: Multiple
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
The Role – Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing datasets in PLEXOS and AURORA for various advanced analytical tasks, including production cost modelling, integrated resource planning, electricity market design/analysis, co-optimization of energy/ancillary service market, transmission analysis and expansion planning, portfolio analysis and reliability analysis on different markets including CAISO, WECC, ERCOT and Eastern Interconnect.
- Providing software support and interacting on a frequent basis with clients and consultants during and post implementation of datasets and providing expert advice for better computing performance of the datasets.
- Developing scripts using Visual Basic, SQL and Python to automate executions, customize existing algorithms & solution reporting and add new algorithms in PLEXOS and AURORA.
- Assisting sales and management team with pre-sales and technical process by creating use case dataset demonstrations.
- Assisting development team regarding market trends and customer requirements for the products and suggest possible implementations and algorithms for new features.
- Implementing PLEXOS and AURORA simulation models according to client’s/contractor’s requirements: inputting data and parameterize simulation settings, executing simulations, analyzing PLEXOS solutions for reports, tables, and graphs to be provided to clients and stakeholders, diagnosing problems and debugging models.
- Co-ordinating with sales and managerial teams throughout USA and providing pre-sale demo datasets and software demonstrations to the prospective clients.
- Performing stochastic optimization and Monte Carlo simulations to represent uncertainty in load and renewable resources.
- Providing onsite training to existing customers using the PLEXOS and AURORA software in various levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced levels of training.
- Researching, implementing and summarizing potentially rapidly changing and complex electric energy issues significantly impacting future supply and demand, electricity prices, transmission, fuel costs, environmental policies, emission costs and energy use.
- Writing internal white papers describing the state-of-the-art in the power system industry, attending and demonstrating PLEXOS and AURORA software at energy related trade shows and conferences.
- Performing tests to support quality assurance and create datasets to identify the issues and bugs in the PLEXOS and AURORA software and communicate issues with development team to provide fix.
Mail CV to Attn: HR/Job ##0928, Energy Exemplar LLC, 420 East South Temple, Suite 300, Salt Lake City, UT 84111.