We're pleased to announce our cast of 2019 EMFC speakers!
The 2019 Electric Market Forecasting Conference is packed with great speakers who have valuable industry information to share.
Market Forum: Thursday, September 26
- Ed Viesturs – keynote speaker,
Ed Viesturs, is widely regarded as this country’s foremost high-altitude mountaineer. He is familiar to many from the 1996 IMAX Everest Expedition documentary and in 2002, he was awarded the historic Lowell Thomas Award by the Explorer’s Club for outstanding achievement in the field of mountaineering. In winning the award, he joined an elite group of climbers including Sir Edmund Hillary. In 1992 he was awarded the American Alpine Club Sowles Awards for his participation in two rescues on K-2.
Ed is the author of four best-selling books, and he shares his experiences of preparation, perseverance and prospering in his presentation “No Shortcuts to the Top.”
- Anita Hart, Director of Resource Planning | NV Energy
- Michael Schneider, Global Head of Siemens Digital Grid Software Product House and Consulting | Siemens AG
- William Driscoll, Renewables Transition Analyst and Journalist | PV Magazine
- Jan Dutton, CEO | Prescient Weather LTD
- Jeff Burke, Director of Resource Planning | Arizona Public Service
- Drumi Bhatt, Director of Market Analytics | Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas, Inc.
- Paul Maxwell, Managing Director | Black and Veatch
- Scott Benner, Senior Lead Engineer | PJM Interconnection
Customer Case Study Presentations: Friday, September 27
- Pat Augustine, Principal in the Energy Practice | Charles River
- Jordan Bakke, Manager Policy Studies | MISO
- Armando Figueroa-Acevedo, Policy Studies Engineer | MISO
- Yifan Li, Engineer Policy Studies | MISO Energy
- Lumi Makinde, Economist | State of Michigan, Public Service Commission
- Don Marwick, Plant Performance Engineer | Bermuda Electric Light Company Ltd
- Phillip de Mello, Senior Engineer – Energy Consulting | GE Power
- Anna Munie, Resource Planning Analyst | Consumers Energy
Registration is now closed.
Arrive on Tuesday, September 24 to take full advantage of:
- A kick-off reception Tuesday night, hosted by Wartsila, our EMFC sponsor
- Training on the Aurora or PLEXOS platforms on Wednesday morning
- Choose from Aurora Fundamentals, Aurora Practical Application, PLEXOS Fundamentals or PLEXOS Practical Application
- The interactive User Group session on Wednesday afternoon
- Energy Exemplar’s welcome and networking dinner on Wednesday evening
- Choice of networking activity on Thursday evening after the Market Forum
- Choose from the Blue Man Group, Mob Tour or Stratosphere Viewing – all include dinner
- Take some time to visit the “Play with Platforms” room to test-drive the latest versions of Aurora and PLEXOS
- Networking lunches and breaks are also included each day
Don’t miss out on 2019 EMFC!