Aurora uses market fundamentals and advanced dispatch logic to give energy executives, developers and resource planners an accurate energy portfolio analysis.
Of great benefit is Aurora’s speed: analysts can perform multiple long-term model runs to evaluate when and under what conditions resources will perform economically. The solution also calculates net power costs and system costs for individual resources. Marketers, developers and utilities can use this capability to easily determine how to position a contract or value a new resource in the market.
Use Aurora to:
- Support full production cost analysis of load aggregation
- Provide a portfolio’s net position – long or short
- Provide power costing and portfolio valuation
- Provide data for portfolio value or profit-at-risk analyses
- Calculate historic avoided costs
- Value RFP responses in a whole-system context
Back to Aurora
- User-specified resources and contract types
- Flexible assignment of owner’s percentages
- Reporting of generation and revenues for each resource
- Flexible data modeling and editing capabilities
- Open or closed system modeling
- Multiple portfolio comparisons