Aurora is fast and easy to use, simulating supply and demand on an hourly basis to provide power market price forecasting.
It produces both short-term and long-term price forecasts for all major market zones and trading hubs.
- Generate accurate short- and long-term forecasts
- Forecast clearing prices in each market zone
Aurora’s sophisticated bidding logic enables modelers to understand market subtleties such as cost of emissions and shadow bidding effects by unit.
- Outperforms models
- Allows for easy retention and archiving of results for all studies
Users can modify inputs, variables and data or integrate it with their own data or risk models, as well as examine outputs mid-simulation (hour-by-hour or unit-by-unit) to better understand market factors and effects.
- Interfaces well with other analytical tools
- Superior data management capabilities
- Multi-zone, transmission-constrained dispatch
- Hourly optimized unit commitment
- User-specified timeframes – hourly, daily, monthly and yearly
- On-peak/off-peak pricing
- Bidding options
- Emissions costs and caps
- Advanced user-friendly interface